client resources

Addiction Support

Addiction is  a word that is often used to talk about alcohol and drug use, but it can relate to smoking, gambling and many other things that someone feels compelled to keep doing.  If you want to speak to someone about reducing or stopping a habit, the services below can provide support and information to assist you.  To find out more about each, click on the service name and you will be taken directly to their website. 

Support Services

Silkworth Lodge

Silkworth Lodge offers a range of services for people struggling with addiction including a residential programme, a daily drop-in facility, a family support programme and an education service.  Silkworth Lodge also run a support programme for children aged 7 - 12 years old who are affected by substance misuse. 

Alcohol & Drug Service 

The Alcohol & Drug Service is open to anyone who is worried about their drinking or drug use.  You can self-refer to the service or ask your GP to refer you.  More information about the support they offer and how to refer can be found online. 

Alcoholics Anonymous 

Alcoholics Anonymous hold open and closed meetings at various locations across Jersey throughout the week.  Closed meetings are for people who have concerns about their alcohol use, while open meetings can be attended by a friend, relative or other person who is concerned about someone else. 

Help 2 Quit Smoking

Quitting smoking can be much easier when you have support.  To help people quit, the Stop Smoking Service provides free, confidential advice and guidance as well as Nicotine Replacement Therapy.  Their service is available at a number of pharmacies across the Island, and you can find out more by calling, emailing or popping into one of the pharmacies listed on their web page. 

Gamblers Anonymous

Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help other compulsive gamblers do the same.


If you need urgent support or treatment, contact your GP or the Emergency Department at the General Hospital.  In an emergency you can contact the Police or Ambulance Service on 999 or 112 to get help. 

If you are worried about someone else you should tell someone.  You can speak to one of the above services for advice and guidance, or contact 999 or 112 in an emergency.

Previous: Health, Disability & In... Next : Accommodation Services
Share this page